WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED
You can help shape the future of Kean University by getting involved with your Alumni Association. Join the hundreds of alumni already volunteering for an Alumni Board committee, attending an event, submitting an award nomination, or making a donation to the Kean University Foundation. Your involvement makes you a partner in creating a stronger learning environment for students, and increases the value of your own degree.
Assist in recruitment of new students to Kean in partnership with the Office of Admissions:
- Staff Open Houses, talk to local high schools, make phone calls to prospective students, represent Kean at college fairs, and assist with other Admissions events such as Admitted Students Receptions.
- No formal meetings – volunteer opportunities each month.
- Alumni Leadership Initiative
- Identify and develop professional development options, career enrichment events, and resources for alumni including:
- Arrange Kean Connect seminars and webinars for alumni.
- Coordinate the mentor program.
- Develop an Alumni Speakers Bureau.
- Quarterly meetings with sub-committee meetings in-between.
- Student Engagement
- Interact with students.
- Organize student/alumni events, engage in dialogue with students, young alumni and the Kean community about student life and life after graduation.
- Enhance the awareness among students and young alumni of their lifelong connection to Kean and the role of the Alumni Association.
- Represent the Alumni Association at student events like Orientation, Kean Day, Student Leaders Dinner, 100 Days Until Graduation, etc.
- Alumni Events
- Act as “hosts” for the annual Alumni Association events, including: Greek Reunion, Homecoming, 50th Reunion, NJEA Convention, Cougars That Care, 50 Plus Reunion and Recent Alumni Reunion among other events which may arise.
- Develop ‘volunteer-led’ special events as desired.
- Increase awareness of Kean Alumni events through word of mouth and social media.
- Volunteer at existing events including help with greeting, registration, photography, or other tasks.
Volunteer to help with your Reunion
- We are currently seeking members of the Class of 1968 to share the news about their 50th reunion taking place September 23, 2018.
- Graduates from 2008-2017 are encouraged to provide feedback for the annual Recent Alumni Reunion.
Open your home to local alumni, or sponsor an event at a local restaurant.
If you'd like to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and we'll get back to you!